For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Affordable Art Fair Ltd., a company registered in England and Wales. Our company number is 10081430 and our registered office is Sadler’s House, 180 Lower Richmond Road, London SW15 1LY. If you’d like to get in touch with us, please visit our Contact us page or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect information to improve, protect and customise our Site, Services, features and content, develop new Services and to enable you and other Users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site.
We will collect the information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, entering into a competition, completing a survey, making a complaint or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our Services, search for a product, place an order on our Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
You may be able to set preferences and control the elements of your personal information which are shared with other users of the Site. Any personal information you choose to display (including comments, photos, or videos) is displayed at your own risk. We recommend that you do not share any personal contact information. You can review and change your privacy settings and personal profile, including who has access to your personal profile, at any time.
We may collect technical information about you when you visit the Site
When you visit our Site we will automatically collect technical information and information about your visit, which will include technical information about your computer, laptop or mobile media device which may include, but is not limited to, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We use this for system administration, to develop the Site and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is non-personal statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, no individual is identified.
We may collect personal information about how you use the Site
We may collect personal information about how you use the Site including traffic data, location data, weblogs, other communication data, and the resources that you access or use.
COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Like many websites, we use "cookies" to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer, laptop or mobile media device's hard drive for record-keeping purposes. We use session ID cookies to enable certain features of the Site, to better understand how you interact with the Site and to monitor aggregate usage by Affordable Art Fair Users and web traffic routing on the Site. We also make use of persistent cookies which stay on your computer, laptop or mobile media device after you have gone offline. Persistent cookies can be found in your browser’s cookies folder and remain there after you have gone offline. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information provided by users.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use the information which you give to us:
1. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you order from our Site;
2. to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
3. to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form);
4. to notify you about changes to our Service;
5. to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We will use the information we collect about you:
1. to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
2. to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
3. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
4. to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
5. to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We will use the information we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
1. Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
2. Our affiliated group of Affordable Art companies.
3. Selected third parties including:
i. business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
ii. advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
iii. analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
2. if The Affordable Art Fair Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
3. if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Rest assured we do everything possible to keep all personal information as secure as is humanly possible, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% fail-safe. Although we do our best to protect your personal data and use industry standard procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised access by a third party, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). You accept that any transmission of your personal data is done at your own risk.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.