Alongside our venue, the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, we’re committed to making your fair visit as safe as possible. We aim to deliver the art-filled and fun Affordable Art Fair experience you know and love, while maintaining compliance with the protocols and mandates of the Victorian Government’s health departments.
Top things to know
|1. Book a timed ticket||2. Follow the queuing system||3. Card payments only||4. Follow the health and safety measures|
Our safe fair policies
To make our fairs a safe event for everyone, we’re implementing the following safety measures:
1. Timed ticketing
Capacity will be limited to support social distancing. All visitors, including children, will need to book a timeslot to enter the fair. Check out our opening hours here. It will also be mandatory to check in with the Victorian COVID QR code upon arrival.
2. Socially distanced fair
When arriving at the fair, there will be a clearly marked queuing system to enter, and the aisles around the fair have been made extra wide to ensure social distancing. These guidelines are in place to help with safe distancing, while allowing visitors to enjoy the fair and all the stunning artwork at their own pace.
3. Cashless payment
To minimise contact, we will only be accepting card and contactless payments throughout the fair.
4. Staff training
All staff will be informed and trained on the coronavirus safety protocols for the fair in line with advice from Victorian Health Authorities, so all visitors can have the utmost confidence that we are doing everything to produce a safe event for everyone. Of course, any staff who are feeling unwell will be asked to stay at home.
5. Health and safety measures
To help keep visitors, exhibitors and staff safe, we’re following protocols laid out by the Victorian Government.
○ Please wear a face mask at all times while at the fair (unless you are exempt).
○ To ensure your safety and that of other visitors, please maintain social distancing at all times.
○ Please wash your hands and use the sanitising stations frequently during your visit.
○ We will be frequently cleaning all high touch points throughout the fair, including restrooms, eating areas and all other high use areas.
To keep our visitors, staff, and exhibitors safe, on arrival we will be asking everyone to consider the following questions before entering the fair. Within the last 14 days:
○ Have you had cause to believe you have COVID-19?
○ Have you experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 such as a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste?
○ Have you been in close contact with anyone who has COVID-19 or anyone who has been showing symptoms?
○ Have you travelled from or been in close contact with anyone who has travelled from any exposure sites?
○ Have you been contacted by the Victorian track and trace system and asked to self-isolate?
Please consider these questions before arrival as should the answer to any of these be ‘Yes’, we will kindly ask you not to enter the fair. If the answer to all of these questions is ‘No’ then we look forward to welcoming you to our Melbourne fair. Following your visit, should you develop a cough or high temperature, please can you immediately inform email@example.com.
For more information, please click here for the Victorian Government COVID-19 guidelines and updates.
To stay up to date with the Affordable Art Fair Melbourne news, sign up to the mailing list today.