Internship & Fair Assistant Programme
Duration: 2 – 7 months
The Affordable Art Fair Singapore 2013 is offering internship opportunities for students who are taking formal internships as part of their studies, and individuals who are interested to gain experience and learn more about the art industry. From the Internship Programme, interns will be able to gain a practical insight into the world of art and meet new people through possible networking opportunities, in an exciting and upbeat environment.
Together with the AAF Singapore team, the Interns will have an in-depth involvement in the daily operations of the AAF Singapore office to make the Affordable Art Fair Singapore 2013 in November an exciting event. Being key to the success of the AAF Singapore 2013, Interns will gain practical hands – on experience of how a professional art fair is organized, and also get to understand the administration, exhibitions, marketing and development aspects that make for a successful art fair.
Fair Assistant Programme
On site during Fair days
The Affordable Art Fair Singapore Fair Assistant Programme is an opportunity for people from different walks of life to share their skills and talent, and in the process, experience and learn more about contemporary art. This programme will benefit in the personal development of the Fair Assistants.
Fair Assistants are an important part of the Affordable Art Fair Singapore. They contribute to the effective execution of the Fair, as well as promoting awareness of art in everyone’s lives, in alignment with our ethos of making contemporary art accessible to everyone.
Fair Assistants will be involved in the backstage of organising an art fair of its kind in Asia, get to learn a new skill or talent and meet people who share a common interest in art while having fun pursuing an interest and an important project.
- Gain practical knowledge and experience in contemporary art practices and learn how a successful fair of its kind in Asia operates
- Gain deeper understanding of the operational and business aspects of the Fair
- Beneficial towards your curriculum in the education of the Arts
- Being the first to know all about the AAF Singapore and what goes into the production of the Fair
- To share skills and talents, and at the same time learn new ones
- Meet new people who share a common interest such as artists, professionals, local and international visitors, other members of the arts community and other Fair Assistants who also participate in the programme
- Have fun while pursuing an interest and an important project that makes art accessible to everyone in an exciting and upbeat environment
- Applications are open to students who are currently undergoing tertiary level education in Singapore, preferably in arts related subjects
- Individuals who are above tertiary education levels, who have a strong and deep interest in the arts and/ or large scale public events
Anyone with the following qualities:
- Responsible individuals who are able to work as a team
- Like to engage with people with an upbeat and outgoing character
- Committed individuals who can manage their time well
- Strong interest in arts and events/ programmes
- Willingness to learn new things
Roles and responsibilities
Interns – Office administration, which may include assisting the Fair Director, and the Marketing, Fair and Project Managers.
Fair Assistants – Roles and positions at the Fair may be rotated to match your personality and skills, as well as to offer a well-rounded experience, so please be flexible. The following roles will be assigned on site at the Fair.
- Ticketing and information counter
- Visitors meet and greet
- Storage of artworks
- Assist with installation/ de-installation of exhibition
- Assist with PR/ media relations with our PR team
Interns – Anytime all around the year, period range from 2 – 7 months, which can be discussed during the interview
- Before Fair period, daily from 1000 – 1800
- During Fair period, daily from 0900 – 2200
The daily timings may change according to the Fair schedule. Interns may have to work after office hours or on weekends during or before the Fair period as required.
Fair Assistants – 19 – 24 November 2013, 0900 – 2200 daily
The daily timings may change according to the Fair schedule. Working hours are according to the shift schedule from the Affordable art Fair Team.
All applications will be reviewed by the Affordable Art Fair Singapore committee. As there are limited placements on the programme, only candidates who are shortlisted will be invited for an interview.
- Insurance coverage during the Fair
- Letter of Acknowledgement
Send in the following to Vanessa Leung at email@example.com or call +65 6220 5682 for more information
- Application Form